● HS450-6: Construct organizational training strategies that resolve emerging issues in a healthcare environment.
● GEL-1.2: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English.
● Differentiate between the concepts of strategy and strategic management.
● Apply analyses of internal and external environments to strategic planning.
● Describe a business model and its component parts.
● Understand the purposes of strategic alliances.
● Describe the relationships among alliance motivation, structure, and outcomes.
You are a healthcare executive of a large hospital, serving as director of health information. You have been advised that there are serious concerns regarding the competence of the facility’s billing and coding staff. To address these concerns, you will develop an action plan. Please complete your action plan as indicated below in Parts 1-3.
Determine policies and procedures to monitor abuse or fraudulent trends
Evaluate at least three (3) types of abuse or fraud that may occur during the course of medical coding and billing activities. Determine at least three (3) organizational policies and procedures that monitor such activities and critique the effectiveness of each policy/procedure.
Create and implement staff orientation and training programs
Based upon the trends of abuse or fraud that you identified in Part 1, develop both a
new employee orientation program and an ongoing training program for medical billing
and coding employees. Design outlines of each training program and construct the
learning activities involved. You should also indicate a leadership approach that you
would use in the implementation of the programs.
Evaluate initial and ongoing training programs
Develop a plan to evaluate the training programs at “time of launch” and again at
periodic times over the next two (2) years. Describe the methods used to evaluate the
effectiveness of each training program.
Facilitate the use of enterprise-wide information assets to support organizational
strategies and objectives
An information asset is a body of information that is defined and managed as a
standalone, single unit that can be shared and exploited to the organization’s benefit. It
is referred to as an asset because it has financial value to the organization. Enterprisewide
information assets that are common to large health care organizations include
billing systems, EHR/EMR, master patient index, clinical automation systems, patient
portals, personal health records, telemedicine, health information exchange (HIE),
clinical applications (lab, pharmacy), etc.
The enterprise data warehouse (EDW) is a repository of high value data from different
information assets and corporate systems/applications. The data contained in an EDW
can be integrated for many strategic uses across the enterprise. Strategic objectives
might include activities and initiatives designed to improve quality, safety, cost,
To complete Part 4, conduct research into the topic of data warehousing in health care
organizations and then answer the following:
1. List the benefits of an EDW to a health care organization.
2. Prepare a strategic objective and explain how it could be facilitated through use
of a data warehouse.
3. Select two (2) information assets from the list above. Through a data warehouse,
analyze and demonstrate how data from those two assets could be used to
accomplish the identified strategic objective.
● Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word document.
● The body of your document should be at least 1500 words in length. A title page and
a reference page should also be included but do not apply to the length requirement.
● Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
● You must cite and reference at least 4 credible sources from the KU Library.
● Formatting should be double-spaced, 12 point, Times New Roman font.
● Be sure to follow the conventions and mechanics of Standard American English
(correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc.).
● The submission should be presented in an organized, logical, and unified manner and
consist of superior content that is original and insightful.
● You must meet APA style requirements throughout the submission, including title
page, formatting, citations in the body of the text, as well as related references. Please
be sure to visit the Kaplan Writing Center to assist you in conforming to APA style.
For a custom paper on the above or a related topic, place your order now!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 35% Discount on your first two orders)
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• Unlimited Revisions at no Extra Charges
• Guaranteed High-Quality Content