Using the text James Hall. (2011). Information Technology Auditing (3rd ed.). Cengage Learning ISBN: 978-1-4390-7911-9 Answer the following:
Part A, End of Module Review
1. Provide some examples of OLTP (Online transaction Processing) and OLAP (Online Analytical Processing).
2. Distinguish between the two-tier and three-tier client-server models. Describe when each would be used.
3. Disruptions to operations are a common side effect of implanting an ERP. Explain the primary reason for this.
Part B, Module Practice
OLTP versus OLAP Servers
Respond to the following:
For each of the following processes, state whether OLTP or OLAP is appropriate and why.
1. An order entry system that retrieves customer information, invoice information, and inventory information for local sales.
2. An order entry system that retrieves customer information, invoice information, inventory information, and several years of sales information about both the customer and the inventory items.
3. An order entry system that retrieves customer information, invoice information, inventory information, and information to compare the current sale to sales across several geographic regions.
4. An order entry system that retrieves customer information, invoice information, inventory information, and accounts receivable information for sales within one marketing region.
5. An insurance company requires a system that will allow it to determine total claims by region, determine whether a relationship exists between claims and meteorological phenomenon, and why one region seems to be more profitable than another.
6. A manufacturing company has only one factory, but that factory employs several thousand people and has nearly $1 billion in revenue each year. The company has seen no reason to make comparisons about its operations from year to year or from process to process. Its information needs focus primarily on operations, but it has maintained backup of prior-year operations activities. Examination of prior-year financial reports have shown that the company, while profitable, is not growing and return on investment is decreasing. The owners are not satisfied with this situation.
*Answer questions straight, and to the point.
**Please use sources that are easily searchable and fully accessible via the web
If you have questions, please ask.
Thanks in advance for your time and effort.
For a custom paper on the above or a related assignment, place your order now!
Use “20” as the discount code to redeem your offer!
What We Offer:
• Affordable Rates – (15 – 25% Discount on all orders above $50 )
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level Writers
• Money Back Guarantee